Saturday, November 3, 2012

Growing Bigger and Better

Yes, it's been a long time without any updates. I'm now a work-at-home mama with two precious boys. Benjamin joined us on July 26 of this year. His birth was astounding, but we'll get into that in a different post. For now, let's just update on where we are now.


My Colton is a rambunctious and loveable 3 year old now, growing into a fantastic little person in his own right. We're gradually introducing homeschooling into his daily routine, so stay posted for updates on that.

Benny has been the most laid back and pleasant child that I could have imagined. He nurses beautifully, and at 3 months, is still exclusively breastfed. We've also joined the wonderful world of cloth diapering. I'm sure I'll be posting in more detail my thoughts and experiences with that.

For us, though, it was an economic necessity. Like I said, I do work part time from home, and we rely on that income for some bills. Should we have waited on number 2...maybe, but not really. I wanted my kids to be 2-3 yrs apart to give each other a playmate. We had enough income to get by, as well as health insurance, so we're not completely stupid. Money is still tight. As long as the economy keeps limping the way it is, money is still going to be a struggle for us. There aren't any raises in the near future for hubs I'm sure. The love in our home makes it worth it every day. As long as we've got each other, we'll get by.

We just celebrated our first Halloween as a foursome, and I am so excited about the upcoming holidays with my beautiful family. I'm also really hoping to carve out time at least once a week to do a bit of blogging. I write for money these days, so it's nice to write and share about my own life. Great to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment